Ecommerce Site Merchandising Director
- Full Time
Who We Are
SwimOutlet is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf. We have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
We are on a mission to hire the best of the best to create the global destination for all Swimmers.
Site Merchandising Director
Remote | Reports to the CMO | Full time
The Site Merchandising Director is a critical leader in shaping the customer site experience, overseeing visual merchandising, content strategy, site functionality, brand campaign planning and flawless execution of all. They’ll drive impact, improvement and innovation to create a seamless and fresh online shopping experience strategically designed to grow the SwimOutlet business.
The perfect candidate is a visionary who understands how customers shop online and is constantly looking for ways to differentiate us from the competition, driving new and enhanced functionality to make the shopping experience easy, convenient and enjoyable. They focus relentlessly on the customer experience, thrive on making impactful data driven decisions and have the business acumen to translate complex data into quantifiable actionable improvements. As a leader, they create trust quickly and are an excellent mentor, motivator and collaborator, embedding operational excellence into the culture and are never hesitant to jump in and coach cross functionally.
What you will do
- Become an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders - You’ll advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution
- Direct and manage the Site Catalogs, Site Experience, Content, Site Assets and Customer Experience
- Direct and lead the the Planning and Processes of Key Promotional and Merchandising Strategies
- Lead, direct and manage the Merchandising Team to create and tell a cohesive story, create a seamless customer journey, oversee visual site merchandising and content strategy, campaigns, site functionality including navigation, hierarchy, search and browse, etc., new product on-boarding and more
- Work at the strategic level (using customer behavior to generate bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems)
- Strategically make heavy use of data to drive decisions across the organization; tactically roll up your sleeves to create and generate reports (actually pull the data as needed)
- Build and execute plans to make tangible, measurable and important improvements to the customer experience
- Improve current systems further and implement new systems and technology
- An expert in creating test and learning plans to improve performance; leads the team and cross functional partners (ex: Product Management, AB Testing, Marketing, Creative) to execute and measure appropriately
- Partner and work closely with cross functional partners (Category Managers & Marketing), create/own the strategy and production of on-site merchandising events (e.g. Black Friday) and seasonal promotions
- Collaborate with UX, Product and Development in building requirements to enable great customer experiences; this includes needed new features in templates, site enhancements, navigational elements, product discovery, etc.
- Direct the activities of the Merchandising Team and manage the team to achieve KPI-driven goals
- Co-manage the Product Photography and Content Development teams and budgets
Who you are
- 8 years of Site Merchandising experience with Swimwear and Athleisure industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- Love technology and trends
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.