Who We Are
Spiraledge is a collection of companies focused on health and wellness and is the holding company of fast growing ecommerce sites SwimOutlet.com & Everyday Yoga. Both SwimOutlet.com and Everyday Yoga have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company. We are a fully remote team, with headquarters in Campbell, California.
SwimOutlet is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
Category Manager - Fashion & Surf Lifestyle
Remote | SwimOutlet.com | Full Time
Reports to the Director of Buying
As our Category Manager (Buyer or Merchandiser), you will be responsible for all aspects of buying; from maintaining optimal inventory levels to finding and negotiating favorable terms with new and existing vendors. You have experience buying for childrens, active lifestyle products or aquatic related products and a proactive approach to problem solving, exceptional interpersonal skills, possess a general understanding of ecommerce retail, be adept at forming relationships with various partners inside and outside the company and show true ownership of the brands you are responsible for.
What you will do
- Manage the categories for Children, Fashion & Surf Lifestyle
- Bottom line responsibility for the achievement of sales plans, profit margin, turnover, and returns for a specific department
- Manage timing/flow of product, based on seasonal plans and entrance and exit strategies
- Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information and change strategies in-season where needed
- Manage vendor relations to include product selection, negotiation, communication and partnership development
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams to drive category results
- Manage overall look and feel of category and brands while optimizing the user experience
- Effectively manage and support the career development process of direct report(s) to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providing the appropriate tools and training
- Make smart and timely decisions in the absence of perfect information.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
What You Need to Be Successful
- B.S. degree in a related field
- 3+ years retail buying and or merchandising experience; ecommerce experience highly desired
- Experience buying for children, active lifestyle products or aquatic related products
- Ability to take ownership of your category and make it successful by focusing on the molecular details as well as the big picture
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- A clear understanding of retail math and financial measurements
- Demonstrated financial management, merchandising, analytical and assortment
- Ability to identify trends in the marketplace and think strategically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate concepts to web content team
- Demonstrate the ability to remain flexible and resourceful in a fast pace, changing environment
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Positive “roll with it” attitude and a strong work ethic
The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets, and some light lifting as necessary to function in an office environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.